Once a month, our youngest children are invited to a special ministry during the Liturgy of the Word. Together, we read the Gospel and do an activity to make the stories come alive for preschoolers and young elementary school-aged children.
If you would like to help with the children’s liturgy, please reach out to us!
Liturgy of the Word with Children
A resource page for those who minister in the community by facilitating Children’s Liturgy of the Word
The Liturgy of the Word with Children is…
- Is a ritual for the proclamation of God’s Word with Children appropriate to their understanding.
- Is a moment of salvation in which the living God communicates life to God’s children and in which they respond with awe, praise, thanksgiving and petition.
- Is liturgy, and is not Sunday School. Activity sheets can be useful as take home material for family follow-up, but they are not appropriate to be used during a liturgical celebration.
- Is time to hear God’s Word at an appropriate level.
- Is an opportunity to hear the Gospel message and consider how to practice it in life.